Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 169

169/365- Black and Green...

Today is St. Patrick's Day. One year ago today I was making plans to head into Boston to visit Sun and Luke with Brian. The night before, I had written in my journal that my relationship was over and I was just going to do what I had to do to have a place to live. Brian got home from work and we talked. We went up to Boston and had some fun. We didn't let on at all that we had broken up that day. The next day, I went to Juli and Shannon's as not to be home.

In that year, I moved back in with mom, discovered photography, met J and Anthony's friend, and have felt more like myself than ever before.

That relationship was bad. Three years with a guy who just didn't give a crap. His apathy made me feel like shit about myself. He made me feel stupid and ugly. We never fought. The break-up came as a surprise to some, but not to others. We didn't fight but that just meant we had no passion. If you know me, you know that I am passionate about *everything*.

That relationship was good for me. Before that, I was a major commitment phob and now I know that I can overcome that. I know that I can live with someone without hating them, and I know that I will never ever settle. Ever.

No comments: